I have been seeing so many “Christmas Countdowns” on social media and it seems everywhere I look. It got me to thinking about Christmas baking and all the fun treats I like to make for gifting. I made a bark similar to this candy a while back and yesterday I thought I would make Chris a treat (He LOVES Fruit & Nut chocolate bars) and make a batch of this candy. As with the bar and most of the fudge recipes I make, this is very quick and easy to make using condensed milk and the microwave!
These are the ingredients I used to make the candy.
I added the condensed milk, corn syrup and chocolate chips into a large microwave safe bowl and on medium high heat I microwaved it until the chocolate had melted and the mixture was smooth.
I added the nuts, raisins and coconut….
And mixed until fully combined.
I dropped the mixture by the tablespoonful, onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
And put the pans in the fridge for about an hour to chill and set.
A whole plate of fruit and nut chocolate goodness!!!
Fruit & Nut Chocolate Drop Candy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour Servings: 24 – 30 candies
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips, condensed milk and corn syrup.
- Microwave on medium high heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add raisins, nuts and coconut and stir until fully combined.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets.
- Chill one hour to set before enjoying!