I took out some chicken breasts the other day for dinner. Originally I was just going to bake them in the oven with some kind of sauce or whatever on them. Then I started thinking about how much the boys enjoyed the chicken I cooked in it for them last week.
Instead of a big saucy recipe, this time I was just cooking the chicken breasts whole and with a few seasonings mixed in with olive oil and chicken broth, coating the chicken in the mixture before cooking them! Chicken breasts come out so juicy and tender when cooked in the Instapot. I swear I could put just about anything on them, cook them in the Instapot and they would be delicious no matter what!
These are the ingredients I used for this recipe.
In a small bowl, I whisked together 1 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. chicken broth with the garlic powder, poultry seasoning, onion salt, basil leaves and ground ginger, forming a sort of loose paste.
I sprinkled the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then brushed this paste on, top and bottom.
I put about 2 tbsp. of olive oil in the bowl of the Instapot and set it to sauté… Cooking each side of the chicken breasts for a few minute per side to “lock in the juices.”
I removed the chicken breasts to a plate….
Then added the remaining chicken broth to the Instapot bowl, stirring to remove any bits from the bottom.
I put the trivet into the bowl of the Instapot and placed the chicken breasts on it.
Then set the Instapot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. When the cooking was done, I let it naturally release the steam for about another 10 minutes before removing the lid… making sure the float was down first.
And served the chicken breasts with some pasta and veggies for a nice dinner! Note: You can keep the seasoned broth for a nice soup or gravy base.
Instapot Seasoned Chicken Breasts
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes + 10 minutes steam release Servings: 2
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tsp. chicken broth with 1 tbsp. olive oil, garlic powder, onion salt, poultry seasoning, ground ginger and basil, whisking to form a loose paste.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then brush paste on to both sides of chicken.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to bowl of Instapot.
- Brown both sides of chicken breasts in Instapot, on sauté, for a few minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and add remaining chicken broth, stirring to remove any bits from the bottom.
- Place trivet in post and place chicken breasts on top of it.
- Set Instapot to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes are done, allow a natural steam release for about an 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Serve chicken immediately after removing from Instapot.