Sunday dinner was a precursor to next weekend’s Thanksgiving feast. I have been wanting to try cooking a turkey breast in my Instapot since I got it!
I finally did it on Sunday night and served it with some mashed potatoes, veggies and cheese and a nice gravy…. the only thing missing was the stuffing lol!
It turned out moist and flavourful and I know Chris is looking forward to taking the rest of it to work for lunch this week!
This is what I started with to make it. Somehow I ended up with parsley in the picture instead of the garlic powder???
I cut a slit in the turkey breast and stuffed it with minced garlic and quartered onion before tying it closed.
I sprinkled the turkey breast with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and garlic powder.
I put olive oil in the Instapot bowl and browned both sides of the turkey breast using the Sauté function.
I poured in the chicken broth and switched the Instapot to Pressure Cook for 30 minutes.
When the 30 minutes was done I allowed the pot to release naturally for about 15 minutes before removing the turkey breast to a pan to place in the oven to brown the skin.
I sliced it up and served it…. everyone was so anxious to taste it that I forgot to take pictures once it was sliced lol!
Instapot Turkey Breast
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Natural Release: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 turkey breast, bone in, approx. 3 lbs.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. corn starch and 1/4 cup water, optional for gravy
- Cut slit in turkey breasts, only going about 3/4 deep.
- Stuff slit with quartered onion and minced garlic and tie closed.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and garlic powder on top and bottom of turkey breast.
- On Sauté function, add the olive oil to the bowl of the Instapot and brown both sides of the turkey breast.
- Add chicken broth and switch to Pressure Cook for 30 minutes with vent set to seal.
- After 30 minutes, allow steam to naturally release for about 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey breasts to oven safe pan and brown at 375 degrees until skin is desired crispiness.
- Slice and serve.
- To make gravy, mix together corn starch and cold water to bowl with broth and drippings and on Sauté mode, whisk until thickened and smooth.