When trying to decide what to make for dinner the other night, I realized I had yet to try anything in the Instapot with ground beef. I decided to go full on with this recipe by starting with frozen ground beef because I remember reading somewhere that the Instapot could do ground beef quickly as well as it’s other benefits!
Chris took a look at his plate last night and asked if I made hamburger helper lol, I told him no, it’s Goulash…. Dillon damn near licked his plate and then told me it was “Goulashicous” lol!
Here are my ingredients… and this time I know I forgot to add Worcestershire sauce to it! There is always that one or two ingredients I forget to add!!!
I started by adding my frozen solid lean ground beef to the Instapot bowl with 1 cup of beef broth.
I set the Instapot to pressure cook for 25 minutes, with vent to sealing, and let it do it’s thing, then let it naturally release steam for about 5 minutes.
I let the rest of the steam out by switching the vent to venting instead of sealing.
I crumbled the ground beef before adding the Italian seasoning, minced garlic, diced onion, salt and pepper and mixing well.
Next I added the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and the 1/2 cup of remaining broth and set it to Pressure cook again, with the vent set to seal, for 5 minutes.
I stirred in the uncooked macaroni noodles and again set the Instapot to pressure cook, with the vent to seal, for another 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes the macaroni noodles were cooked and I allowed the pot to vent before adding the grated cheese and returning the lid, while in the keep warm position, until the cheese melted.
Then scooped it out onto the plates for Chris and Dillon to devour!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 22 min + 5 min + 5 min Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- Place frozen ground beef in bowl of Instapot with 1 cup broth.
- Set to Pressure Cook, vent set to seal, for 22 minutes. Allow steam to naturally release for about 5 minutes before manually venting until float drops.
- Break apart ground beef with 2 forks.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining broth, stir well.
- Set to Pressure cook, vent to seal, for an 5 minutes and then manually release steam carefully.
- Add uncooked macaroni noodles and set to Pressure cook, vent to seal for an additional 5 minutes.
- Manually release steam and sprinkle grated cheddar on top.
- Replace lid and leave Instapot in the Keep Warm position until cheese is melted and you are ready to serve.
- Spoon onto plates and enjoy.