Somehow I ended up with butternut squash plants when I purchased my vegetable plants in the spring. I honestly had no idea what they were because the little tag was missing. I decided to plant them anyway and see what, if anything, they would grow into. Low and behold, I managed to grow a couple of squash…. well, it was actually more than a few but I had run over part of the plant with the riding lawn tractor and destroyed a few other that had started 😦
While I personally don’t like squash of any kind, I still thought I would give it another try in case my tastes had changed… they haven’t… but surprisingly the one person I didn’t think would even try it, let alone eat all of it (Dillon) cleaned his plate lol!
Here are my cute little squash and the other items I used to make this.
I cut the squash in half, scooped out the seeds, peeled them and then cut it/them into about 1 inch cubes.
I placed the cubed squash into a greased roasting pan and added the olive oil, garlic powder, cinnamon and salt and pepper and gave it a quick stir.
I starting cooking them at 375 for about 20 minutes, until they were starting to brown.
I removed them from the oven and drizzled the honey and sprinkled the crumbled feta cheese in the pan evenly.
And then returned them to the oven for another 20 minutes, then they were done and ready to eat…. if you like squash lol!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Feta Cheese, Cinnamon and Honey
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 3 – 4
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease small roast pan.
- Peel, core and dice squash and place in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder and cinnamon and stir to coat evenly.
- Cook uncovered for about 25 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with honey and sprinkled crumbled feta cheese on top.
- Return to oven for about another 20 minutes.