Since I had another rather large zucchini from my garden…. I swear someone slipped the zucchini some steroids when I wasn’t paying attention…. I thought I would make Chris and Dillon some Chocolate Zucchini bread. Chris told me he loves chocolate zucchini but when I asked him if he had tasted it before, he said no? Lol, how did he know he loved it if he hadn’t even tasted it? I’m baffled lol.
You can also add chocolate chips or nuts or raisins, whatever you like to this recipe, but I left it just plain and very chocolatey for this batch!
I sent some to work with him in his lunch can and got two thumbs up from him and “the kids at school on recess” lol. First they were going to give me grief about the fact it wasn’t buttered (like they do with banana bread lol), but the thought of putting butter on something chocolate just doesn’t seem right. Either way, the bread was well received… good thing this recipe makes two loaves!!!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the bread.
I started by adding the sugars, eggs, vanilla and oil to the bowl of my stand mixer and mixing it until it was well combined and smooth.
I mixed it the grated zucchini and mixed until it was mixed in.
Before finally adding the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, salt and cinnamon, mixing until just combined.
I divided the mixture between my two prepared loaf pans.
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 75 minutes, until they were cooked through and a toothpick inserted came out clean before removing them to the counter to cool.
I wrapped and froze one and then sliced the other to send in the lunch boxes!
Moist Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 75 minutes Servings: 2 loaves
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine eggs, oil, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add grated zucchini and mix to combine.
- Add flour cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes, until cooked through and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing.