I love chocolate and coconut. It doesn’t matter how it’s combined, there is nothing like the two of them together…. and when you add coconut to and on brownies it’s a deliciously sweet treat! Goes great with a cup of strong black coffee!!!
Here are my ingredients.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I combined the softened butter/margarine, egg, sugar and vanilla and mixed well.
Next I added the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa and coconut into the egg/sugar mixture and mixed until it was really well combined.
I spread this mixture evenly into my prepared baking pan.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the edges were starting to brown and it was done in the middle.
I let the base cool while I made the icing.
For the icing, I whipped the icing sugar, butter/ margarine, hot water and cocoa together until smooth and fluffy.
I spread the icing evenly over the base….
And then sprinkled the second amount of coconut over the top.
And then cut it into squares, ready for a scrumptious treat!
Chocolatey Coconut Brownies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 24 squares
- 1 1/2 cups butter/margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 4 tbsp. hot water
- 1/3 cup coconut for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together butter/ margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa and coconut and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until edges are starting to brown and centre is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing icing.
- For icing, add icing sugar, cocoa, butter/margarine and hot water to bowl of stand mixer.
- Whip until icing is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread icing over top of mostly cooled cake.
- Sprinkle second amount of coconut evenly over top of brownies.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.