I’ll admit, I was a little bit leery about making this. Chris isn’t always the biggest fan of anything cooked with cream cheese in it but I needn’t have worried about it…. both he and Dillon were big fans of this chili!
I saw a recipe for this a while back in some magazine and thought I would try a batch from what I could remember and what I thought would taste good in it. It is a sort of throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook sort of meal which is perfect for busy days!
The newest addition to the comfort food roster!
These are the ingredients I used to make the chili…. other than the corn I forgot to add to the picture and the sour cream and grated cheese I used to garnish the chili.
I started by browning the ground chicken in the microwave on high heat until it was cooked through and the juices ran clear.
While it was cooking, I put the chicken broth, canned diced tomatoes, buffalo sauce, white navy beans, ranch dressing mix, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder and chopped onion in the bowl of my crock pot and mixed it all up.
Next I added the cooked ground chicken to the bowl and mixed it in.
And finally I added the block of cream cheese, just sitting on top of the mixture in the crock pot bowl before putting the lid on and letting it cook on high heat for about 4 – 5 hours.
After the 4 – 5 hours, I removed the lid and stirred to incorporate the melted cream cheese.
And the scooped it into bowls and garnished it with a spoonful of sour cream and some grated Tex Mex grated cheese!
Buffalo Chicken Chili – In the Crock Pot
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 4 – 6 hours Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can chili diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can white navy beans
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 – 8 oz. block cream cheese
- sour cream and Tex Mex grated cheese, optional
- Brown ground chicken in microwave on high heat for about 6 minutes, until fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Add the browned ground chicken, onion, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, navy beans, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and frozen corn to the bowl of the crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- Place block of cream cheese on top of mixture in crock pot.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on high heat for about 4 – 6 hours.
- Remove lid and stir to fully combine the melted cream cheese.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with sour cream and Tex Mex grated cheese (optional).