Okay, here are the Pumpkin Seeds as mentioned in my Nemo Pumpkin post. I roasted the pumpkin seeds first and then added the ingredients listed below and roasted them again for a little bit so the seeds are well roasted, well done (because Chris likes them that way) and taste delicious!
I will admit that there is nothing quite like a feed of freshly roasted pumpkin seeds lol!
Here is a picture of the ingredients I used to make the flavouring for the seeds once they were pre-roasted.
To roast the pumpkin seeds, I laid them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roasted them at 350 degrees for about an hour, shaking the pan about half way through so they were roasted evenly.
In a small bowl, I mixed together the ranch dressing mix, paprika, mustard powder and parmesan cheese.
I removed the seeds to a medium bowl then added the melted butter/margarine, ranch dressing, parmesan cheese, mustard powder and paprika mixture and mixed until all of the seeds were well coated in the mixture.
I put them back in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, again shaking the pan partway through to ensure even roasting.
I let them cool and what wasn’t eaten that night, I stored in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid!
Parmesan Ranch Pumpkin Seeds
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour + 15 minutes Servings: about 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups pumpkin seeds, cleaned and dried after removing from pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. melted butter/ margarine
- 3 tsp. ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry pumpkin seeds after removing from pumpkin.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, shaking partway through to pre-roast evenly.
- Remove seeds to medium bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring well to fully coat seeds.
- Return to a 375 degree oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes, again shaking part way through to ensure even roasting.
- Allow to cool and enjoy the roasted pumpkin seeds!