I am pretty sure I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been on a soup kick lately. I don’t know if it’s because how easy it is to just heat up a bowl of soup for lunch or dinner or what the reason is behind this soup kick but the other day I thought it would be nice to have some broccoli/cauliflower cheese soup and I was going to try to make it in my Instapot!
Here are my ingredients. I didn’t have any fresh broccoli or cauliflower, so I used a bag of frozen veggies. And I always, always, always put just a pinch of nutmeg in my broccoli or cauliflower cheese soup.
I put the frozen vegetables, chicken broth, garlic powder and nutmeg in the Instapot and set it to cook on the Soup function for 6 minutes, until the veggies were tender.
When the cooking cycle was done, I did a quick release and once the float was back down, I removed the lid and mashed the veggies. How mashed you make it is completely up to you. Some people like lots of big chunks of veggies in their soup. Others, like me, like it more mashed.
Next I added the cheese and milk and stirred it to combine before switching the Instapot to the Sauté function and stirring it until the cheese melted and the soup was smooth.
And then I ladled a bowl of the Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese soup out for myself for dinner!
Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese Instapot Soup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 6 + 5 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 bag Frozen California mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Place vegetables, chicken broth, garlic powder and nutmeg in bowl of Instapot.
- Set Instapot to Soup Function and cook it for 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Use a quick release and once float is back down, remove lid.
- Mash vegetables to desired consistency.
- Add milk and cheese and switch Instapot to Sauté function.
- Stir soup until cheese melts and soup is smooth.
- Switch to Keep Warm function until ready to eat.
- Place any remaining soup in plastic bowl with lid and store in fridge.