When we went grocery shopping the other day, chicken drumsticks were on sale. I bought a tray of them even though I had no clue how I was going to cook them. I opted for an easy recipe, full of flavour and with a crispy, sticky drumstick in the end!
The boys really enjoyed them and there was enough of them to freeze for another Make Ahead meal…. Bonus!!!
These are the ingredients I used to make the drumsticks.
I placed the drumsticks into a greased baking pan and sprinkled them with salt and pepper…. I used an aluminum pan because I knew the sticky sauce was going to be a pain to clean lol!
In my large measuring cup, I whisked together the honey, soya sauce, minced garlic, ketchup and olive oil until the honey was mixed in thoroughly.
I poured this sauce over the drumsticks, trying to coat them evenly….
And then baked them, uncovered at 375 degrees, for about an hour, hour and a half, until they were nice and crispy on the outside and the sauce started to thicken.
I served them the some roast potatoes and veggies! (Sorry for the awful picture below)
Sticky Sweet Drumsticks
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 60 – 90 minutes Servings: 4
- Chicken Drumsticks, I used about 2 – 3 lbs.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan.
- Place drumsticks in prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In large measuring cup, whisk together honey, ketchup, soya sauce, olive oil and minced garlic until honey is fully incorporated.
- Pour sauce over drumsticks.
- Cook uncovered, at 375 degrees for about an hour to an hour and a half, until the drumsticks are fully cooked and crispy on the outside and the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.