I have made this recipe on the BBQ using either aluminum foil or one of those BBQ cooking sheets when it came to the cheese part. They work out just as well in the oven.
They are nice and crispy and cheesy on the outside the soft and delicious on the inside… a great side for any meal! The fact that they are quick and easy to make is just a bonus!
Here are the ingredients I used to make them.
I washed and sliced the potatoes into about 1/2 inch slices and then placed them in a large baggie with the olive oil, garlic powder, basil and thyme.
And shook the bag until all of the potato slices were evenly coated with the mixture.
I placed the seasoned potato slices, in a single layer, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
And placed them in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes until the bottoms were starting to brown.
I flipped them and returned them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
I removed them from the oven and generously sprinkled grated cheese on top of all the potato slices.
And returned them to the oven for another 5 minutes or so until the cheese was melted and starting to brown on top.
And that’s it! I served them with the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders I made the other day!
Cheesy Roasted Potato Slices
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice potatoes into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Place potato slices in large baggie with olive oil, garlic powder, basil and thyme and shake well to evenly coat potatoes with mixture.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms are starting to brown.
- Flip potatoes and return them to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and generously sprinkle grated cheese on potatoes.
- Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted and starting brown.
- Serve immediately.