This is the week I do my big order for Cookie Grams that I make every year before Christmas. My mother-in-law hands them out to her clients each year and they look forward to it every Christmas. She always hears…. Where is my Cookie lol!
Knowing it is going to be a busy week I wanted to have some sort of dessert ready so I only had to cut off a quick slice to serve it this week.
This cake fit the bill… with it’s nice orange flavour and glaze, it is a delicious change from the norm of chocolate or vanilla cake…. and it’s easy to make! It is delicious with the orange glaze but next time I might try a chocolate glaze on it for a change!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the cake.
I the bowl of my stand mixer I blended the eggs, oil, vanilla, milk and orange juice until combined. (I forgot to take a picture at this point lol)
I then added the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, grated orange peel and salt.
And mixed to form a nice smooth batter.
I poured the batter into my generously greased bundt pan.
Then baked it at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, until the cake was cooked through and nicely browned.
While the cake was starting to cool, I whisked together the icing sugar, orange juice and vanilla until smooth to make the glaze.
I flipped the cake out onto a plate and then drizzled the glaze all over the top of the cake.
I covered the cake and put it in the fridge until it was time to serve (I like cold cake lol)
I cut it into slices and served with our after dinner coffee.
Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 35 – 40 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. grated orange peel
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bundt pan.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine eggs, milk, orange juice, oil and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and grated orange peel.
- Mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 – 40 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- While cake is starting to cool, whisk together icing sugar, orange juice and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth to make glaze.
- Turn cake out onto plate and drizzle glaze over top.
- Store cake in fridge and cut into slices to serve.