I was at a real loss as to what I was going to make for dinner on Sunday. I knew I had thawed some chicken breasts but didn’t want to make the “same old thing.” I then remembered I also bought 2 tubes of crescent rolls and that made me thing of making a chicken pot pie with the two of them.
The “Boys” both loved it and totally cleaned their plate…. and again… there was enough leftover to freeze for another night, adding to my stash of Freezer Meals!
These are the ingredients I used to make the chicken pot pie.
To start, I diced the skinless, boneless chicken breasts and put them in my frying pan with a bit of olive oil, garlic powder and poultry seasoning then cooked them over medium high heat until cooked through.
While it was cooking, I washed, peeled and diced my potatoes and diced the onions.
When the chicken was cooked, I removed it to a bowl and added the potatoes and onions to the same pan to cook, adding olive oil if necessary.
Once the potatoes were cooked through, I added the frozen peas and corn to the pan, and returned the cooked chicken to the pan.
Once the chicken was done I added the cream of chicken soup and sour cream to the pan and mixed it up and kept it warm until the next step.
I unrolled the first tube of crescent rolls and spread them into the bottom of my greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
I let this bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, until it was nicely browned before pouring the chicken mixture on top and spreading it evenly.
I rolled out and placed the second tube of crescent rolls over top of the chicken mixture.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until it was heated through and the crescent rolls on top were nicely browned.
Then cut it into squares and served it with a nice salad!
Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6 -8
- 2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and add to frying pan with olive oil, garlic powder and poultry seasoning.
- Cook over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and add diced potatoes and onions. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Unroll first can of crescent rolls and press into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until crust starts to brown.
- When potatoes are cooked through return chicken to pan with peas and corn.
- Add cream of chicken soup and sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Pour chicken mixture over top of cooked crescent roll base.
- Top with second tube of crescent rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until heated through and top is nicely browned.
- Cut into squares and serve.