Saturday I was so busy that typing didn’t even enter into my day. I made these Taco Pickles and 4 different kinds of Christmas goodies. I haven’t even started wrapping yet but at least everything else is getting done… albeit not as quickly as I would have liked lol.
These also go by the name Mexican pickled vegetables but I’ve always called them Taco Pickles and they will make a great addition to our Christmas Preserves baskets this year!
Here is everything I used to make them.
I washed, peeled and sliced all of the vegetables and mixed them together.
I put 1/4 tsp. of minced garlic into the bottom of each jar and then packed the vegetables into my prepared jars and set aside.
In a large pot, I mixed together the white vinegar, sugar, red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar and brought the mixture to a full boil, then it cool to room temperature.
Once the vinegar mixture was at room temperature I poured it into the jars, cleaned the rims and put the lids on.
I processed the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, wiped down the jars and put them with the rest of the Christmas preserves.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Processing Time: 10 minutes Servings: 6 – 500 ml jars
- 2 cups sliced radish
- 6 carrots
- 4 or 5 jalapeños
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups of distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Prepare jars and set aside.
- Wash, peel and slice vegetables into a large bowl, mix and set aside.
- Put 1/4 tsp. minced garlic into each jar.
- Pack prepared vegetables into jars.
- In large pot, add white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, salt, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and then let stand until it reaches room temperature.
- Pour vinegar into jars with vegetables, put lids and rings on jars.
- Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Store in a dark cool place.