This is another treat I made for the cookie trays I had out to neighbours and family at Christmas. It is a condensed milk fudge, meaning it is very quick and very easy to make. All total, it probably takes less than 10 minutes making it in the microwave!
It was funny because the day I made the fudge our upstairs smelled like maple for hours after but if you went downstairs it smelled like turkey because I was cooking our turkey to carve and freeze ahead of time in one of those electric roasting pan. Quite a smell difference between up and down stairs lol.
I also made a pan of my Mint Chocolate Fudge for the baskets and a couple of gift boxes mixed fudge.
These are the ingredients needed to make this fudge. A whole 5 ingredients!
In a microwave safe bowl, I added the white chocolate chips, condensed mil and margarine.
I microwaved it on high heat for about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate chips were melted and the mixture was smooth.
I stirred in the maple extract and walnuts.
Then poured the mixture into a parchment paper lined baking pan.
I put it in the fridge to set and then cut it into little squares. I actually froze the fudge in a large plastic baggie until I am ready to make up my cookie trays.
Quick & Easy Maple Walnut Fudge
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (including microwaving) Servings: 36 – 1″ squares
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- Line 6 x 10 (or 8×8/9×9) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In microwave safe bowl add white chocolate chips, butter/margarine and condensed milk.
- Microwave on high heat for about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and maple extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Allow to set in fridge and then cut into squares.