Aren’t these so cute lol? And I have to say they taste just as good as they look. Again these cookies will be a bright addition to our cookie trays that we hand out to family and friends/neighbours! I think these will be one of the first cookies to go off the trays!
Here are my ingredients.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I creamed together 1 cup of icing sugar and cream cheese until well blended.
Next I added the green food colouring and peppermint extract and mixed until the colour was fully incorporated.
Finally I added the remaining cream cheese and mixed until a sort of stiff dough formed.
I rolled the dough into 1 inch balls and using my finger or the end of a wooden spoon, made and indent in the top of each one.
I melted the candy melts in the microwave, according to the manufacturers instructions and put the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag.
I cut off one small piece of the corner of the bag and “piped” the chocolate into the indent of each mint.
I let them chill in the fridge for about 3 hours and ended up with a plate of delicious looking, colourful cream cheese mints for our cookie trays.
Chocolate Mint Cream Cheese Mints
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Chilling Time: 2 – 3 hours Servings: about 5 dozen
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- enough drops green food colouring to reach desired shade of green
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together cream cheese and 1 cup icing sugar until well blended.
- Add food colouring and peppermint extract and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining icing sugar, one cup at a time to form mint batter.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and press an indent into each one.
- Melt candy melts according to manufacturers directions and place melted chocolate into a sandwich bag.
- Cut a small corner off of the sandwich bag and pipe chocolate into the indents of each mint.
- Chill for about 2 – 3 hours, until set.