I am done my Christmas baking!!!!!!
I’m not quite sure why, but I seem to have done a lot of “ball” shaped treats for the cookie trays this year…. completely unintentional…. but these are another delicious addition to our Christmas cookies this year, something you will really want to try!
They will also make a nice contrast to the Cherry Surprise Balls that I make every year!
Here are the ingredients needed to make these Christmas treats.
In a large bowl, I combined all of the ingredients except for the coconut and mixed it until it was really well blended.
When the batter was made, I put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes, until it was less sticky and would roll easier.
I formed the balls, rolled the balls in coconut and placed them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Note: if they balls are losing their shape, roll in coconut again and roll in your hands to make the ball shape.
I let the balls chill in the fridge for about 3 hours and then placed them in a large baggie until I am ready to make up the Christmas Cookie trays for this year!
Graham Crumb Cherry Balls
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chilling Time: 30 minutes + 2 hours Servings: 40 balls
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 cups coconut for rolling
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine condensed milk, vanilla, graham crumbs, marshmallows and cherries and mix very well.
- Chill mixture for about 30 minutes in fridge.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut.
- Repeat with all the mixture. If the balls start to lose their shape, roll in coconut again and roll in hands.
- Allow to chill in fridge for about 2 – 3 hours, until set.