On one of the nights between Christmas and New Year’s I was feeling particularly lazy…. too lazy make bread. I knew I had an “emergency” tube of pizza dough in the fridge (although you could use any pizza dough… store bought or homemade), so I thought I could make bread sticks with it.
They are definitely cheater bread sticks and definitely delicious!
These are the “ingredients” I used to make them.
I unrolled the pizza dough from the tube and spread a thin layer of margarine over the whole top and then sprinkled the garlic powder on top of that. (I also used the same spoon I spread the butter with to spread the garlic powder evenly over the top)
I used a pizza cutter to cut the dough into “sticks.” I figured it would be easier to serve them if they were precut.
I then sprinkled the top with grated mozzarella and over that, the Italian seasoning.
I baked it at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes and we had some very fast and very easy to make Garlic Breadsticks to go with one of my Freezer Meal dinners!
Quick & Easy (Cheater) Garlic Bread Sticks
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Baking Time: 15 – 20 minutes Servings: 16 bread sticks
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll our pizza dough on parchment paper.
- Spread butter/margarine over pizza dough, covering it entirely.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over top of dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into “sticks.”
- Sprinkle first with grated mozzarella and then Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until edges are starting to brown and cheese is melted.
- Pull apart and serve.