Today was supposed to be a post about my sewing machine table redo… but I seem to have lost the tulle that I wanted to use to finish it, so now I have to wait until the tulle I ordered yesterday shows up to finish. It is all painted and ready to finish…. once I get more tulle.
On the other hand, I made a very nice dinner in the Instapot last night. I don’t think that Chris even took a breath when eating it and over and over again told me how much he enjoyed it lol. It even passed the “Chocolate Milk” test!
These are the ingredients I used to make this dinner.
The first thing I did was to mix up the paprika, onion salt, pepper, garlic powder and poultry season in a small bowl.
I rinsed the chicken thighs and put them in a large baggie, with the spice mixture and shook the bag until the chicken was fully coated in the spices.
I switched the Instapot on to Saute, added some olive oil to the bottom of the Instapot bowl and browned both top and bottom of the chicken before removing it from the bowl.
I added about 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the bowl and set it simmer for a few minutes to loosen the good stuff stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
I added the potatoes that I had washed and cubed (I had a few small purple and white potatoes that I also added to use them up), and the remaining cup of chicken broth.
Then put the chicken thighs in a steamer dish/pot, sprinkled it with the rosemary and placed it on top of the potatoes.
I set the Instapot to Pressure Cook for 14 minutes, steam valve closed and let it cook.
Once it was cooked I removed the chicken and potatoes to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and put it in the oven on High Broil for about 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
And then served it up with some nice veggies and homemade French Bread! And as I said earlier, Chris raved the whole time he was eating it…. when he actually took a breath lol!
Chicken Thighs and Potatoes in the Instapot
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Browning Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 14 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 4 – 6 Chicken Breasts
- 4 – 6 medium potatoes, wash and diced
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth divided
- In a small bowl, mix together onion salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, paprika and garlic powder.
- Rinse chicken thighs and place in large baggie with spice mix and shake well to fully coat chicken.
- Turn Instapot on to Sauté and add olive oil.
- Brown chicken thighs in olive oil, both sides and remove to bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to bowl of Instapot and scrape bottom.
- Add potatoes and remaining chicken broth to bowl.
- Place chicken thighs in steamer bowl/pot and place in Instapot on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary.
- Set Instapot to pressure cook for 14 minutes.
- Once time is up, release steam manually and transfer chicken and potatoes to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place sheet in oven on High broil for about 5 minutes to crisp chicken skin.
- Serve immediately.