The other day I had thawed a couple of pork tenderloin and was trying to think of a different way to cook it. I was busy with the craft room so I wanted something fairly quick to make. That was when the Hoisin Sauce came to mind. I knew it was quick and easy to mix up and it would give the pork a delicious BBQ type sauce to cook in!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the sauce.
I added everything but the corn starch to my large measuring cup and whisked to combine it. I put it in the microwave on high heat for about 1 minutes, until the peanut butter and molasses had “liquified.”
I whisked the corn starch with about a 1/4 cup of water, then added it to the mixture, whisking to combine.
I returned the sauce to the microwave for another minute or two until the sauce had thickened.
I brushed the thickened sauce all over the pork tenderloin and placed it in an aluminum foil lined baking pan. I covered it with another sheet of aluminum foil and placed it in the oven at 325 degrees for about 2 hours… low and slow lol!
During the last 30 minutes I removed the foil to allow the top of the tenderloin to brown a bit.
I let the pork stand for about 5 minutes before slicing.
When it came time to plate the dinner, I placed slices of the pork tenderloin on the plates and spooned some of the sauce on top. Both of “the boys” totally cleaned their plates!
Homemade Hoisin Sauce
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Baking Time (Pork Tenderloin): 2 hours Servings: 4 – 6
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 tsp. soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (not crunchy)
- 4 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- (For pork tenderloin, preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking pan with aluminum foil)
- In a large measuring cup, add molasses, soya sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, minced garlic and hot sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Microwave on high heat for about 1 minutes, until peanut butter and molasses liquefy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water and add to mixture, whisking to fully combine.
- Return to microwave for about 1 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Brush sauce all over the pork tenderloin and place in an aluminum foil lined baking pan.
- Cover with additional foil and cook at 325 degrees for about 2 hours.
- During last 30 minutes, remove foil to allow pork to brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Spoon thickened sauce from bottom of the pan over slices when serving.