Saturday morning I broke out my new waffle maker again. I wanted to try another waffle recipe I had and they were great! I did put the actual oatmeal through the food processor… on grind… for a few seconds to make it into more of a flour consistency to make sure it didn’t clog up the grid on the pouring funnel and it worked great.
These waffles are delicious and so nice and fluffy… fluffy enough that Dillon actually made a comment to that effect! I wasn’t sure he would even notice with how quickly he was scarfing them down lol!
Here are the ingredients. They used some of the real Canadian maple syrup that someone always makes a point to get Chris for Christmas lol, because he swears there is nothing better!
As mentioned above, the first thing I did was to run the oatmeal through my food processor for a few short bursts to make it fine enough to fit through the grid of my waffle maker.
I put it in a bowl and whisked it together with the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
I added the lightly beaten eggs, milk (with the added lemon juice to slightly curdle it), melted butter/margarine and vanilla….
Stirring until smooth.
I poured the amount designated by my waffle maker into the maker and let them cook until done.
And then they were “devoured” with some of that good old Canadian maple syrup!
Cinnamon Oatmeal Waffles
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 – 10 minutes Servings: 4 large waffles
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. melted butter/margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Run oatmeal through food processor to grind into an almost flour like consistency.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Add milk (with lemon added to slightly curdle the milk), melted butter/margarine, lightly beaten eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour amount designated by waffle maker into maker and cook until done, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite syrup!