The only description fitting for these cookies is OMG… and I do not throw that “phrase” out very often…. but these cookies definitely fall into that category! They are soft and chewy in the middle with a deliciously chocolate taste. Grab yourself a big glass of milk and enjoy a batch of these awesome cookies!
Here are my ingredients for making the Brownie Cookies.
The first thing I did was melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips with the 1/2 cup of butter/margarine in the microwave on high heat for about 60 seconds, until the chocolate chips can be stirred to fully melt. Set this aside for now.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I beat the eggs with both sugars, vanilla, baking power and salt on high speed for about 5 minutes, until thickened and smooth.
I added the melted chocolate chips/butter mixture and mixed until fully combined.
Next I added the flour, cocoa powder and second amount of chocolate chips and mixed.
I put the dough in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes. This is what it looked like after chilling.
I scooped the dough out by the heaping tablespoonful and placed it on my parchment paper lined baking sheets…. but then I remembered how much these spread and divided the dropped dough. I put 6 per baking pan and that left plenty of room for them to spread.
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the edges are done but the middle is still a little bit wet looking.
I let the cookies fully cool before transferring them to a plate for “the boys” to Devour lol!
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Chill Time: 30 minutes Baking Time: 10 minutes Servings: 24 – 30 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- In medium microwave safe bowl, add first amount of chocolate chips and butter/margarine.
- Microwave on high heat for about 60 seconds, until you can remove and stir the chocolate chips until fully melted. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer add eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix for 5 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to bowl of stand mixer and mix to fully combined.
- Add flour, cocoa and second amount of chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. NOTE: These spread a lot so I only put 6 per sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until cookies are set on the outside but still a little wet looking in the middle.
- Allow to fully cool.
- Transfer to plate once cooled and enjoy!