The other night I took out some ground beef to thaw with the intention of making meatloaf for dinner. I obviously didn’t take it out in time because it was still partially frozen when it came time to make dinner.
Luckily I was able to cut off a chunk/pound of the ground beef to make this casserole and let the rest continue to thaw.
This recipe is a very flavourful casserole that was quick to make using my Instapot!
Here are my ingredients used to make this casserole.
Using the Sauté feature, I started by adding the vegetable oil and crumble browning the ground beef in the bowl of the Instapot.
Next I added the chopped onion and minced garlic and let it cook for another 4 – 5 minutes, until the onions started to soften.
Next I added the Worcestershire sauce, taco seasoning and Cajun seasoning to the bowl/pot and cooked for another minute or two.
Next came the salsa and beef broth….
And finally the uncooked elbow noodles.
I set the Instapot to Pressure Cook for 6 minutes. Once the time was up, I quick vented the Instapot and stirred the casserole. (Sorry about the steam in the pictures lol)
I added the grated cheese next, stirred it in and then put the lid back on the pot and set it to Keep Warm until it was time to serve.
When it came time to serve, I scooped it out onto the plates and added a dollop of sour cream and a little bit more cheese.
Instapot Taco Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- sour cream for garnishing, optional
- Add oil and ground beef to bowl of Instapot and crumble brown the ground beef.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook an additional 4 – 5 minutes, until onions are starting to soften.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, taco seasoning and Cajun seasoning, mix well and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add beef broth and salsa and stir.
- Add elbow pasta to bowl.
- Set Instapot to Pressure Cook for 6 minutes..
- Once time is one, quick vent the Instapot.
- Stir pasta.
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Set Instapot to Keep Warm feature until ready to serve.
- Optional: Top pasta with dollop of sour cream and additional grated cheese to garnish.