Is everyone getting sick of my waffle recipes yet lol??? They seem to have become our Saturday morning breakfast, with Sunday still being the “Big Breakfast” day. I had some bananas that I was getting ready to freeze for future banana bread but then decided it might be nice to try a batch of waffles using the bananas.
These taste sort of like banana bread but lighter and fluffier… add some sliced banana on top and real Canadian Maple syrup and you have a very delicious recipe… as Kim says, anything with maple syrup on it or in it has to be good lol. I swear she would drink the stuff if she thought she could get away with it!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the waffles.
To start, I mashed the bananas and then took my hand mixer to them to make sure there were no big pieces that would get stuck in the pouring grid of my waffle maker.
I added the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and lightly beaten eggs and stirred to combine, before adding the milk, vanilla and melted butter/margarine.
And mixed it using my hand mixer until just blended.
I poured the suggested amount from my waffle maker instructions into the preheated waffle maker and let them cook until the Done light came on.
I served them with sliced bananas on top and maple syrup and the whole batch went…. with Dillon eating 2 of the big waffles himself lol!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 – 7 minutes Servings: 5 big waffles
- 3 medium well ripened bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1 banana for slicing
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In large bowl, mash the 3 bananas, followed by using a hand mixer to ensure there are no large chunks.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, lightly beaten eggs and cinnamon, mix to combine.
- Add milk, melted butter/margarine and vanilla, and using hand mixer, mix until just blended.
- Pour suggested amount from manufacturers instructions for waffle maker and cook until Done light comes on.
- Top with sliced bananas and maple syrup.