Let me start by saying these smelled so good while they were cooking lol…. enough so that I took my chances and had a few myself with dinner!
I had some spinach still frozen and some sundried tomatoes in the fridge from when I made my Tuscan Garlic Chicken last week and thought these would be a great addition to ground turkey to make some meatballs for dinner.
These were so good that I didn’t even add a sauce to them when they were cooking, I just piped some tzatziki sauce on them right before serving!
These are the ingredients I used to make the meatballs.
I added ALL of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl…..
And mixed by fork and by hand until it was very well blended, before shaping the mixture into the meatballs. I made mine about 1 1/2 inches round.
I baked the meatballs at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until they were browned and cooked through.
And then all I had to do at this point was to serve them up with some rice and veggies and piped some tzatziki sauce on them before serving!
Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, add ALL ingredients.
- Mix by fork and by hand until very well combined.
- Roll mixture into meatballs, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Place in prepared baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favourite sauce or tzatziki sauce.