I love using my Instapot… especially those days where I forget to plan ahead what I am making for dinner. That doesn’t really happen all that often but it’s nice to know I have options when it does!
This recipe started off just being Chicken and Peppers…. until I remembered I had a few celery stalks in the fridge that needed using up!
Chris loves the stir fry/veggies mixed with the meat of choice sort of meals, and to have them served on rice…. so that’s what I did but in the Instapot… and I served it over some brown rice! What it lacks being not very photogenic, it makes up for in taste lol!
This is what I started with making this recipe.
I had precut my veggies in the morning so all I had to really do come dinner time was to dump everything in the Instapot!
I placed the chicken in the bottom of the Instapot bowl.
Placed the peppers, red onion and celery on top….
Sprinkled the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, paprika, onion salt, and sat & pepper on top before pouring the chicken broth in…
Then I set the Instapot to Pressure Cook for 30 minutes. Once it was finished cooking, I quick released the steam and opened the pot… and stirred it all up.
I placed a bed of brown rice on the plates and then scooped out the chicken and peppers with a slotted spoon and served!
Instapot Chicken and Peppers
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 large peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice chicken breasts, wash core and slice peppers, slice red onion and slice celery stalks.
- Place diced chicken in bowl of Instapot.
- Place prepared vegetables on top.
- Sprinkle spices on top of vegetables and pour in chicken broth.
- Set Instapot to Pressure Cook for 30 minutes.
- Once cooking is completed, quick release steam.
- Stir chicken and vegetables and spoon over brown rice on plates to serve.