Last weekend was one of our family birthday celebrations. We planned a lunch with the three of us, plus Kim, hubby and my granddaughter. I asked Kim if she had any requests for lunch and she said Potato Soup lol… her go to when “Mom” is making soup for her!
I was going to make a couple of quiches to go with the soup and cheese and crackers Kim was bringing, but changed my mind and thought I would do some sort of oven sliders. I figure it could be premade a few hours before baking and make for an easy lunch…. especially considering I made the soup the day before and only had to reheat it!
Everyone loved the pizza sliders… some more than others lol…. Dillon finished off the 3 leftovers the following day for lunch!
Here are the ingredients I used to make them. I opted to use pepperoni, pineapple, peppers and mushrooms for the “toppings.”
To start I lined a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper and then cut the dinner rolls in half, placing the bottom layer in the prepared baking pan.
I spread the pizza sauce on the bun bottoms in the pan.
Next was the grated mozzarella. I sprinkled about 1 cup of the grated mozzarella over the pizza sauce.
Followed by the toppings.
I repeated the cheese and toppings layers and then put the tops of the buns over top of the layers.
In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, I melted the butter/margarine then whisked in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
I brushed this mixture over the tops of all the buns, then sprinkled it with the parmesan cheese.
I covered them with aluminum foil and baked them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the tops started to brown.
I removed the whole lot, with the parchment paper, to a cutting board, cut the buns apart and the served them.
Garlicky Pizza Sliders
- 1 package of 12 dinner rolls
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- Pizza toppings, I used pineapple, pepperoni, peppers and mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter/ margarine
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slice dinner rolls in half, trying to keep them attached while cutting.
- Place sliced dinner roll bottoms in prepared baking pan and spread with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella over the sauce.
- Add toppings evenly over cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Add tops to buns.
- In small microwave safe bowl melt butter/margarine.
- Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning and whisk to combine.
- Brush butter mixture over the tops of the buns evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan with parchment paper and cut into individual buns before serving.