Chocolate and Peanut Butter!!! Yum! Is there a better combination? I made this pie for dessert the other night and Chris loved it lol. The middle is soft, chewy brownie, mixed with peanut butter. It is crispy on top and just plain old delicious!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the pie.
The first thing I did was to roll out my pastry to form the base in my pie plate. You can use your own homemade pastry or a frozen pie crust for this step. I had some pastry frozen from making quiche, so I used that.
In a microwave safe bowl I added the chocolate chips and butter/margarine, microwaving it on high heat for about 1 minute until melted and smooth. Then whisked the sugar into the mixture.
* Somehow I bought white/milk chocolate striped chocolate chips by accident but it didn’t affect the taste at all!
I set the chocolate mixture aside and added it to the bowl of my stand mixer with the eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
I added the chocolate chips and stirred them into the brownie batter.
In a medium bowl, I added the peanut butter, butter/margarine and icing sugar.
And blended it using my hand mixer until it was well blended and smooth.
I spread half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of the pie shell.
Dropped blobs of the peanut butter mixture on top, followed by the rest of the brownie batter, in lumps as well.
Swirling it with a sharp knife.
Then baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes until the centre of the pie was mostly set. It will still look a little jiggly in the centre.
Then cut it into slices, hot or chilled, and top with vanilla ice cream to finish it off!
Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
- Pie crust for once crust pie, homemade or frozen
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl add 3/4 cup butter/ margarine and first amount of chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high heat for about 1 minute, until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in sugar and set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer add flour, salt, vanilla, eggs and chocolate mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In medium bowl, add peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter/margarine and icing sugar and mix with hand mixer until smooth.
- Spread half brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared pie shell.
- Drop the peanut butter mixture by the heaping tablespoonful on top of the brownie batter.
- Do the same with the remaining brownie batter.
- Use a sharp knife to swirl the batters.
- Bake at 350 degrees until almost set. The middle will still seem a bit jiggly.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices and top with vanilla ice cream (Optional)