The past weekend we had a sort of Mexican food binge. I made tacos, burritos, taco salad, these meatballs etc. etc. etc. lol. The easiest way to put it was that we had a feast lol!
These meatballs are fast and easy to make, taste so much better than store bought meatballs and made enough that I was able to freeze a pan for another day! Bonus!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the meatballs.
In the large bowl I mixed together the ground beef, eggs, panko, salt & pepper, garlic powder, oregano, onion salt, cumin, chili powder and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Mixing by fork and by hand until well combined.
I shaped the mixture into meatballs and placed them in my baking pan(s).
In a small bowl, I mixed together the remaining enchilada sauce with the can of Rotel…..
Poured it all over the meatballs in the pan, making sure to cover all of them….
Covered the top with lots and lots of grated cheese…
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Then served them up with some spicy rice!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking pan(s).
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, panko, salt & pepper, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Mix by fork and by hand until well combined.
- Shape into meatballs, about 1 “, and place in pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining enchilada sauce with Rotel and pour over meatballs, making sure to cover all of them.
- Spread grated cheese evenly over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.