Yes…. PB again lol! I made these a few weeks back for lunch box snacks and let me tell you… they never last very long. Sometimes I even have to hide them to make sure there are enough for lunches lol!
This recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat!
Here are the ingredients I used to make these squares.
The first thing I did was to place the oatmeal and milk in a small bowl, mixed it together and let it sit so the oatmeal would absorb the milk.
While the oatmeal was soaking, I added the butter/ margarine and both sugars to the bowl of my stand mixer and beat them until they were smooth and creamy.
Next came the peanut butter, and then the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla, mixing until well blended.
I added the flour and baking soda next.
And finally the oat mixture, mixing until well combined.
I spread the mixture out evenly onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
And baked it at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, until browned and cooked through to the middle.
As soon as it came out of the oven I sprinkled the top with the chocolate chips and let it sit until they started to melt.
Then spread the melted chocolate chips all over the top.
I let it chill until the chocolate was set and then cut it into squares.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine oatmeal and milk and set aside to let the oatmeal absorb the milk.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together both sugars and butter/ margarine until smooth and creamy.
- Add Peanut butter and mix to combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time and then the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda until well blended.
- Add oatmeal and mix to combined.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, until browned and cooked through to the middle.
- Sprinkled chocolate chips on top straight out of the oven, letting it stand a few minutes to allow the chocolate chips to melt.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips over the top right to the edges.
- Allow to chill until the chocolate is set and then cut into squares.