Has anyone else been having issues getting into Editor to write your posts? Yesterday I couldn’t get into it at all… today I can only get in to write/edit posts through Chrome for some reason…. and I never use Chrome.
It meant I had to go “post-less” yesterday!!!
Below is what I was supposed to post yesterday!
Here is another gluten free recipe I tried. I have to say that this banana bread smells even better baking than my regular recipe does for some reason lol? This time I added raisins to the banana bread but you can skip that or add nuts or chocolate chips or whatever else you like in your banana bread.
It was thoroughly enjoyed by the recipient and something I will keep making but it might be a good idea to slice it and freeze it in individual slices. A whole loaf of banana bread would be difficult for one person to eat on their own!
Somehow I completely forgot to take pictures of the banana bread after it came out of the oven.. too many things on the go I think but it is delicious regardless of pictures.
Here are the ingredients I used. I had a little trouble finding xanthan gum again but finally found it on Amazon. The gluten free flour is available everywhere.
To start I mixed the dry ingredients in a medium size (now stained from making my Mexican Lasagna rolls lol) bowl until combined.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I beat the bananas, oil, vanilla, milk and eggs until smooth.
I added the dry ingredients and raisins to the wet and mixed only until it was just blended before pouring it into the prepared loaf pan.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add eggs, mashed banana, vanilla, milk and vegetable oil, mixing until smooth and blended.
- Add dry ingredients and raisins (if using) to wet in bowl of stand mixer and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 – 75 minutes until browned and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to finish cooing.
- Slice and serve.