That is a big title for an easy but delicious recipe lol! This recipe I made again the other night for dinner and wanted to share it with everyone.
It is quick to prepare and roasts in the oven in 20 minutes so your “Side” is ready in no time at all! I added a drizzle of a balsamic vinegar reduction to the top and plates were almost licked clean lol!
I trimmed the ends off of the asparagus and then cut them in half, before adding them to a large bowl with the halved grape tomatoes.
I added the olive oil, salt & pepper, basil and grated Parmesan to the bowl and tossed to coat the vegetables.
I arranged the vegetables in my lightly greased baking pan….
I roasted them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the ends of the asparagus were starting to brown.
While they vegetables were roasting, I put the balsamic vinegar into a microwave safe bowl and cooked it on high heat until the vinegar “reduced” and thickened… about 5 minutes.
I scooped the vegetables onto the plates and drizzled them with the balsamic vinegar.
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Grape Tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. basil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan. (I used a 6 x 10 baking pan)
- Cut ends off of asparagus and then cut in half.
- Add asparagus to a large bowl with halved grape tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, salt & pepper, basil and grated parmesan to bowl and toss to coat the asparagus and tomatoes.
- Arrange vegetables in prepared baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until ends of asparagus are starting to brown.
- While vegetables are roasting, add balsamic vinegar to small microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, whisking every minute, until the balsamic vinegar has reduced.
- Scoop vegetables onto plates and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.