Yes, I do know it is not yet summer/ice cream weather but I had a hankering and this recipe for ice cream is actually fairly good for you. I would usually use a heavy cream, but since I didn’t have any, I used regular cream in it. It obviously wasn’t as creamy as usual but it still has lots of flavour!
I ran the bananas and then the strawberries, with the cream, through the food processor and added it to a large bowl.
I mixed it until it was thoroughly combined….
Then I ran it through my ice cream maker for about 15 minutes.
I put it in the freezer, covered, until it was time to serve it. I served it up with some additional sliced strawberries!!!
Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 tsp. cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Add bananas to food processor and use the puree function until bananas are smooth.
- Repeat process with strawberries and cream.
- Add strawberries, bananas and vanilla to large bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Add to ice cream maker for about 10 – 15 minutes, until desired consistency.
- Scrape from ice cream maker bowl and freeze until ready to use.