I suppose the title may not sound very appetizing but “the boys” ate three each of them lol!
I bought 2 big packages of lean ground beef when I got groceries last week because it was a really good sale and I thought it would be a great opportunity to add to my list of “Freezer Meals.” I not only made the meatballs for this recipe, but I also made another 3 dozen meatballs to freeze for another night’s dinner.
This recipe makes 12 “Cupcakes,” enough for 2 dinners in this household so I got at least 4 meals out of the “Club Pack” of ground beef! Can’t beat that for under $10!
In a large bowl, I mixed together the ground beef, Italian seasoning, parmesan, eggs, garlic powder, milk and panko, mixing it by fork and by hand until well combined.
Once mixed, I divided the mixture into 12 portions and rolled each portion into a meatball… placing it in a parchment paper lined baking pan once rolled.
I cooked the meatballs in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 30 – 40 minutes until cooked through.
Note: This step you could do ahead of time and then just proceed to the rest of the recipe, making prep time even faster!
I rolled out the pizza dough and cut it into 12 even squares.
I pressed one square into each of the greased muffin tin cups.
I spooned about 1 tbsp. of pasta sauce into each “cup.”
Placed a cooked meatball into each cup…..
Added another tbsp. of the sauce on top of the meatballs.
And sprinkled it with the grated cheese, evenly divided between the 12 muffin cups.
I baked it at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the edges of the pizza dough was nice and brown….. and I had a pan of some really easy to make “Meatball Cupcakes!”
I just served them up with some pasta and I have enough made for a second night’s dinner!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 can (16 tbsp.) pasta sauce, any flavour
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper and spray cups of muffin tin. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, panko, eggs, milk, grated parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, mixing by fork and by hand until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions and roll each portion into a meatball.
- Place meatballs in parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 – 40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Unroll pizza dough into 12 squares and press each square into a muffin tin cup.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of pasta sauce into each cup.
- Place one meatball into each cup, on top of the sauce.
- Spoon another tbsp. of sauce over top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until pizza dough is nicely browned on the edges.
- Remove from muffin tin and serve.