I remember a while back asking Chris if he liked asparagus. He said No. I then asked him if he had ever had it…. again he said No lol! I made it for them the first time with parmesan cheese and both he and Dillon loved it…. so much so that he asked me to make it more often. I wonder what else he doesn’t “like” that he hasn’t ever tried??? I had some mushrooms that I had to use up before they got nasty, so I decided to add them to the asparagus because who doesn’t like roasted mushrooms??
This is a very quick and easy recipe roasted in the oven with mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, dill etc., with a prep time of about 5 minutes. You can’t beat that for a delicious side!
I washed and quartered the mushrooms, cut the ends off the asparagus and then cut the spears into 2 inch pieces before adding both to a medium bowl with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I mixed it up to fully coat the vegetables and then poured it into a lightly greased baking pan.
I sprinkled the dill, salt & pepper over the top of the vegetables.
I roasted them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the mushrooms were starting to brown. (sorry for the bad picture…. it wasn’t bright enough without the flash but strangely coloured with it lol)
I served it with a nice pork tenderloin (recipe to follow) and mashed potatoes, for a delicious and easy to prep dinner (I had leftover mashed potatoes in the freezer which made it even easier!)
Balsamic Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 10 – 12 button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan (I used a 6 x 9 baking pan).
- Wash and quarter mushrooms. Wash asparagus, cut off hard ends and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to medium bowl and stir to fully coat vegetables.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!