Here is an easy to make Instapot recipe that goes over very well in this house. Chris and Dillon now both love rice. For years… and years… Dillon would not eat rice at all. I don’t know if it was a texture issue or what it was but until the last 6 months or so, he refused to eat rice.
He agreed to try it again a little while back and is now a big fan….go figure. It is great because we love rice and it was a pain in the behind not making it as often as we would like.
Because this recipe is done in the Instapot, it is full of flavour and cooks up quickly… once the Instapot builds up to the correct pressure!
The first thing I did was to set the Instapot to Saute and added about 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
Once the oil was hot I browned both sides of the chicken breasts before removing them to a plate.
I added the onions and garlic to the pot, along with another tbsp. of olive oil and let it saute for another few minutes.
I turned off the Saute function and added the broth, rice, green pepper, frozen corn and 1 1/2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning to the pot and mixed to combine.
I returned the chicken breasts to the top and sprinkled them with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
I set the Instapot to Pressure Cook for about 7 minutes and let it do a natural steam release for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
Chris and Dillon dug in wholeheartedly and ate pretty much the whole pot!
Instapot Cajun Chicken and Rice
- 4 – 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups broth
- Set Instapot to Saute and heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in bowl of Instapot.
- Brown chicken breasts, on both sides, and then remove to plate.
- Add garlic, onion and last tbsp. of oil and saute and additional few minutes.
- Add broth, green pepper, frozen corn, brown rice and 1 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning to bowl of Instapot and mix to combine.
- Lay chicken breasts on top and sprinkle the remaining Cajun seasoning on top.\
- Set Instapot to Pressure Cook for 7 minutes.
- At end of cooking time, allow Instapot to naturally release steam for about 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken breasts over rice for a delicious dinner!