I would have to say that meatballs are definitely on the favourites list in this house. Whether they are turkey, chicken, beef, or whatever, they just love meatballs lol.
When Dillon was little, every time I asked him what he wanted to have for his birthday dinner, it was always meatballs and always in a sweet and sour sauce by a brand called Diana. Those were his absolute favourite. He didn’t care what was served with them, he just cared about getting the meatballs.
While he is now a man, meatballs are still a favourite so I try to change them up and make different flavours often. This is one of those recipes.
For the meatballs, I put the ground turkey, eggs, panko, salt & pepper, paprika and minced garlic in a large bowl and mixed by fork and by hand until well blended.
I shaped this mixture into 1 1/2 inch round meatballs and placed them in my baking pan.
I baked the meatballs at 350 degrees for bout 40 minutes, giving the pan shake for even baking about halfway through.
While the meatballs were cooking I made the sauce…
To make the sauce, I added the remaining ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
I cooked the sauce in the microwave, on high heat, for about 5 minutes…. stirring every minute or so until the sauce was bubbly and thickened.
I removed the cooked meatballs from the oven, poured the sauce over top and mixed to fully coat meatballs.
I returned the meatballs to the oven for an additional 5 minutes and then served.
Spicy Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan with cooking spray (the sauce is VERY sticky!)
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, panko, minced garlic, paprika and salt & pepper.
- Mix by fork and by hand until well blended.
- Shape into meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches round.
- Place in baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking make sauce.
- To make sauce, add remaining ingredients to medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together and microwave on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring every minute, until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove meatballs from oven and pour sauce over them, mixing to fully coat meatballs.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.