Let me start by saying that Chris LOVES steak lol… and I mean love! We don’t have our BBQ set up yet for this year because we haven’t decided if we are going to replace it or not. Until then, Chris has been craving steak. This seemed the perfect way to at least take the edge off of these cravings… at least for a little bit lol!
I personally think this always looks like high end dog food lol, but one, they love it and two, any sort of beef/meat looks like dog food to me because I can’t eat it!
The first thing I did was to cut the steaks into about 1 inch cubes.
I put the paprika, salt & pepper, Cajun seasoning, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mixed it together.
I placed the steak cubes in a large freezer bag with the seasoning mix and shook the bag to fully coat the steak cubes in the seasoning.
I poured olive oil in my large frying pan and let it heat up a bit before adding the seasoned steak cubes.
I cooked the steak cubes over medium high heat until they were browned on all sides.
I removed the steak cubes from the pan and added the butter and minced garlic to the pan.
I cooked the garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, scraping the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan as it was cooking.
I returned the steak cubes to the frying pan, switched to high heat and cooked them until they were getting a bit crispy on the outside, about 5 minutes.
I divided the steak cubes into portions and served it up with some nice boiled (in chicken broth and minced garlic) potatoes, veggies and homemade French bread!
Cubed Steak in Cajun Butter Sauce
- 2 medium sized steaks, I used Cowboy Steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes.
- In small bowl, whisk together paprika, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, thyme, oregano, cayenne and salt & pepper.
- Add steak cubes and seasoning mix to large freezer bag and shake to fully coat steak cubes.
- Add olive oil to large frying pan and let it preheat a little bit.
- Add the steak cubes and cook over medium high heat to brown all sides.
- Remove steak cubes from frying pan and add butter and minced garlic.
- Cook garlic for about 5 minutes, scraping up burned bits as it cooks.
- Return steak cubes to pan and cook over high heat until steak cubes start to crisp up on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy!