Chris and Dillon LOVE the Jerk seasoning I make. Chris especially loves it on wings, even though I bake them in the oven and don’t deep fry them. While they are much healthier because of not deep frying them, for him it’s the flavour. I have made Jerk chicken wings, chicken thighs, drumsticks and now burgers.
With our BBQ still not being ready/replaced yet, I just threw these burgers in the frying pan, toasted the buns in the oven and they loved them! Lots of flavour and adding a slice of baked pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg on top was an added taste to the Jerk Burgers!
I find burgers hard to photograph…. and they probably would have looked better in the pictures if I had used smaller buns lol… but here they are!
Here are the ingredients I used… other than the pineapple because it was an afterthought and the grated cheese.
I put all ingredients in a large bowl with the ground beef.
Mixed it by fork and by hand…. and then shaped it into 4 patties.
I cooked these on medium high heat for about 10 minutes per side and then turned the heat up to high to brown/crisp up each side… about 2 – 3 minutes per side.
I sprinkled some grated cheese on top and let it melt.
Once the cheese melted, I put them on the toasted buns and topped with a slice of pineapple on each burger.
I put the lids on the buns and served them with some unhealthy fried potatoes lol… oops! See what I mean about not taking a good picture… and the bun being too big for the burger?
- 1 1.2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 slices pineapple, optional
- 4 burger buns
- Place all ingredients, except for pineapple and buns.
- Mix by fork and by hand until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Place burgers in lightly greased frying pan.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Turn heat up to high and cook burgers for about 2 – 3 minutes per side to brown/crisp up the outside.
- Sprinkle cheese on cooked burgers and allow to melt.
- I placed the sliced burger buns and the pineapple slices (sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg) in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes to toast buns and heat up pineapple slices but this step is optional.
- Remove burgers and place on top of toasted (toasting is optional) and top with slice of pineapple.
- Place burger patties on buns and enjoy.