Let me start by saying that this is a one pan recipe… gotta love that! I especially loved it the other day. I don’t know how I managed to be so far behind at dinner time. It’s not like I am going to work right now, thanks to my TBI… but somehow I totally ended up behind schedule and was a half hour late from my planned dinner time. While no one else cares about what time we have dinner, for me it is a schedule that keeps me organized in my frazzled brain… most days!
Either way, I was able to have this dinner on the table and ready to eat in less than an hour and everyone enjoys this recipe! Did I say it was done in one pan lol? Because I was in such a self-imposed rush… I didn’t take as many pictures as I normally would… but that doesn’t make that much difference in the grand scheme of the recipe!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the recipe.
I lightly greased on of my 9 x 13 baking pans.
I poured the tomatoes in the pan (I normally use diced tomatoes but didn’t have any and improvised with the whole tomatoes cutting them myself) then added the chopped green onion, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and oregano.
I mixed it in the pan and then set the chicken breasts in the pan, sprinkled them with salt & pepper and spooned a little bit of the juice from the tomatoes on them.
I baked the chicken at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, until it was fully cooked and starting to brown.
I removed the pan from the oven, sprinkled the grated parmesan over top of the chicken breasts and returned it to the oven for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, until the cheese was melted and nicely browned.
I served it over top of cooked spaghetti noodles and served it with garlic bread made from left over French Bread!
Easy Italian Chicken Bake
- 4 – 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour tomatoes into prepared baking pan.
- Add chopped green onion, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano and Italian seasoning and mix to combine evenly.
- Place chicken breasts in pan, spoon a bit of juice from tomatoes on top and then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes, until chicken breasts are cooked through and starting to brown.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Return to 375 degree oven for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve chicken breasts over cooked spaghetti, spooning tomatoes over top and the sprinkling with parsley flakes.