The other night I made another great Instapot meal. I have been impressed with everything I have tried to make in it. I was a bit worried when I first got it because I wasn’t all the sure on the “how” it worked but I am really enjoying modifying recipes to make in the Instapot.
I think the Instapot will also be a great cooking means come summer…. I can still make great “indoor” meals without having to turn on the oven!
Here are the ingredients I used…. but once again I forgot to include something… the frozen corn lol!
I turned the Instapot to Saute and cooked the ground beef until it was fully cooked, the juices ran clear and then drained the grease.
I added the chopped onion and cooked it for another minute.
Next came the taco seasoning and the chicken broth….
Then the salsa, Rotel, drained chick peas and the frozen corn and mixed it all together.
I sprinkled the rice on top, followed by the remaining chicken broth and set it to Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
This is the Burrito Bowl once the cooking was done.
I served it in bowls with sour cream, grated cheese, chopped onion and quartered grape tomatoes! There was nothing left in the bowls when “the boys” were finished…I am surprised there was even a pattern left on the bowls with how they dig in when I make this lol!
(Instapot) Brown Rice Beef Burrito Bowl
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned chick peas, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup brown rice
- Optional: sour cream, additional chopped green onion, quartered grape tomatoes
- Place ground beef in bowl of Instapot, set to Saute and brown ground beef until full cooked.
- Drain grease and add chopped green onion. Cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add taco seasoning and broth and stir.
- Add salsa, chick peas, Rotel and corn. Stir to combine.
- Add rice and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Set Instapot to Pressure Cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooking is done, allow to vent naturally for about 10 minutes before releasing remaining steam.
- Stir, then serve in bowls with (optional) sour cream, chopped onion, quartered grape tomatoes and grated cheese.