I made a nice pork tenderloin the other night for dinner. I had some leftovers but not enough for another meal. I didn’t know what I was going to do with it… then I remembered seeing a Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese somewhere awhile back and decided this was what I was going to make.
With a nice creamy cheese sauce, BBQ sauce and the pulled pork itself, it was a delicious dinner that “the boys” loved! And it used up my leftovers!
Here are the ingredients I used to make it.
I cooked the Penne pasta according to the package directions.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, I melted the butter/margarine then added the milk, whisking to combine. Next came the flour, again whisking to combine.
I microwaved this mixture on high heat for about 5 minutes, stopping every 60 seconds to whisk it smooth.
I removed it from the microwave and added the minced garlic and paprika.
Next I added the cheeses and the mustard, stirring until the cheese is fully melted.
I poured this mixture into the pot with the cooked and drained pasta and stirred to combine, before pouring it into my prepared baking pan.
I mixed the pork with the BBQ sauce and using two forks “pulled” the pork.
I dropped spoonfuls of the pulled pork on top of the macaroni and cheese, then mixed it in a bit.
I topped it with the second amount of grated cheese and baked it, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Optional: I sprinkled some crispy onion bits to the top as well.
And I ended up with a delicious, albeit filling, meal for “the boys!”
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
- Penne Pasta, I used about half a bag
- 5 tbsp. butter/ margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. mustard, I used
- 3 cups grated cheese
- leftover pork, to pull (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup crispy onion bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions and then drain.
- In medium size microwave safe bowl, melt butter/margarine.
- Add flour to melted margarine and whisk to combine.
- Add milk and whisk until combined and then microwave on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring every 60 seconds.
- Add minced garlic and paprika to mixture.
- Add grated cheese and mustard and stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese sauce into cooked and drained pasta and stir to evenly coat pasta.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In small bowl add BBQ sauce to pork. Using 2 forks “pull” the pork.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pork on top of the macaroni and cheese and mix in a little bit.
- Sprinkle second amount of cheese over the top.
- Optional: Sprinkle crispy onion bits on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, covered, until heated through.