A few weeks ago I received a coupon in the mail for a free box of All Bran Buds cereal. While I love anything bran, I didn’t feel like just eating it as cereal, so I made muffins. They were going to be raisin bran muffins but I either forgot I was out of raisins or Dillon ate them lol. Thankfully I knew I had a partial bag of frozen cranberries, so I added them instead.
These muffins are nice and moist, not dry like some bran muffins can be. And they freeze really well. I like to keep a few things in the freezer ready to pop in lunch boxes on the off chance I don’t feel like baking one week!
Here are my ingredients for making the muffins.
The first thing I did was to heat the milk in a small microwave safe bowl for about 90 seconds on high heat to warm it up. I added the cereal to the milk and set it aside to let the cereal soften up.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I added the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and apple sauce and mixed until well combined.
Next I added the softened cereal and milk to the mixer bowl and mixed that thoroughly.
Finally I added the whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and frozen cranberries.
I mixed it until it was just combined.
I scooped the muffin batter into my prepared muffin tin….
And baked the muffins at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until browned on top and baked through.
Now we had some delicious, mostly good for you muffins for lunches and snacks.
Cranberry Bran Buds Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups milk, heated
- 2 cups Bran Buds cereal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 cup muffin tin.
- Pour milk into small microwave safe bowl and heat it up on high heat for about 90 seconds.
- Add cereal to milk, stir and set aside for cereal to soften.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and applesauce. Mix until well combined.
- Add softened cereal to bowl of stand mixer and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cranberries.
- Mix until just blended.
- Scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans before removing.