No, we still don’t have our BBQ set up or replaced but I had one of my thankfully rare hankerings for a burger… even knowing the consequences lol! I wanted something a little different so I made these burgers that I ended up cooking in the frying pan and topped them with flavoured fried mushrooms, bacon and cheese and finished it off with a mayonnaise sauce and everyone cleaned their plates lol… the boys managed to eat 2 each plus their fries I made in the air fryer!
Here are my ingredients… well most of them lol! I forgot to put the garlic and onion powders in the picture!
Okay, first thing I did was to mix the garlic and onion powders into the ground beef and formed the mixture into 5 patties and placed them in a lightly greased frying pan.. You could make 4 or 6 but 5 was what I needed for our dinner.
I sliced the mushrooms and placed them in a small frying pan with 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
I cooked the burgers over medium high heat until cooked through and browned on the outside and the mushrooms over medium heat until the Worcestershire sauce had reduced.
While they were both cooking I cooked the bacon in the microwave according to the directions on the package (I used precooked bacon to save time)
And I mixed together the mayonnaise, Dijon and parsley in a small bowl.
I toasted the buns in a 350 degree oven but this is optional.
I spread the mayonnaise mixture on tops and bottoms of the buns and then spooned some of the mushrooms onto each bun.
I put the cheese on the burgers, still in the pan, and laid the strips of bacon over top. I put the lid back on, reduced the heat and let the cheese melt.
Then I placed the patties on the toasted buns and served them up with some french fries made in my air fryer.
Take out food without having to go anywhere!
Bacon Mushroom Cheese Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- cheese cut to fit top of burgers
- 1 slice bacon per burger
- Preheat oven to 350 for toasting buns.
- In large bowl, mix together ground beef, garlic powder and onion powder, mixing well to combine.
- Shape mixture into patties and place in lightly greased frying pan.
- Slice mushrooms and place in small frying pan with 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook burgers on medium high heat until cooked through and outside is browned.
- Cook mushrooms on medium heat until Worcestershire sauce is reduced.
- Toast buns.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon and parsley flakes. Spread mixture over toasted buns.
- Top each burger, in the pan still, with slices o cheese and bacon. Allow to sit in pan, on reduced heat setting until cheese is melted.
- Remove burger patties to prepared buns with sliced mushrooms.
Serve and enjoy!