As I mentioned in my last post, I cut the lawn on Wednesday and it is a long process so I wanted to get some ready to cook in the crock pot so that when dinner came along all I had to do was to dish it out.
This is a very easy recipe to make and is full of flavour. It is also a great alternative for using leftover ham!
Here are my ingredients for making this recipe.
I had some leftover ham from last time I made it so I just had to cut it into cubes. I think mine were about 1 inch cubes.
I washed and cut the potatoes into big chunks.
I added the potatoes, ham, green beans, spices and chopped green onion to the bowl of my crock pot.
I dissolved the bouillon cubes into 3 cups of water and then poured it into the crock pot bowl with the minced garlic and stirred to combine.
I turned the crock pot onto high heat and let it cook, covered for about 5 hours, until the potatoes were tender.
I served it up with some homemade bread and the boys had a nice home cooked meal that only required me to dish it out!
Ham, Potato and Green Bean Casserole – Crock Pot Dinner
- 5 – 6 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen green beans
- 3 cups diced, cooked ham
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and cut potatoes into cubes, about 1 inch.
- Cut cooked ham into cubes and add to bowl of crock pot with potatoes.
- Add green beans to crock pot with chopped green onions.
- Add rosemary, thyme, cayenne, minced garlic and salt and pepper to bowl of crock pot and mix together with the previous ingredients.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in water and add to crock pot, stirring to combine.
- Set crock pot to high heat and allow to cook, covered for about 5 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Scoop from crock pot to serve.