Yes…. another bread recipe lol! I don’t know about you but we love bread…..especially homemade bread. There is just something about sitting down to a meal and having fresh from the oven bread….and the smell… that is an experience all on it’s own!
This is an easy bread to make and I am thinking it could also make for some delicious tasting hamburger buns! I haven’t tried that yet with this bread recipe but I do think it’s high time!!!
Here are my ingredients to make this bread.
I start by whisking together the water, sugar and yeast in the bowl of my stand mixer and letting it stand about 5 minutes, until it is starting to foam, get bubbly.
Then I add the olive oil, flour, salt, minced garlic, basil, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
Mix it in and then allow to knead for about 5 minutes, until a smooth dough forms and the bowl is almost clean looking.
I put it in a greased bowl, cover it and let it rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
After the first rising, I punch the dough down and then shape it into a loaf, placing it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
I start to preheat the oven to 350 degrees at this point.
I let it rise for another 30 – 45 minutes, until doubled in size again, then bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 – 40 minutes until nicely browned and baked through.
I let it cool (normally lol) and then cut into slices and serve… usually with just butter/margarine but it is also good on it’s own or with some garlic butter!
Herb & Garlic Olive Oil Bread
- 2 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- In bowl of stand mixer, whisk together water, sugar and yeast.
- Let stand about 5 – 10 minutes until yeast is starting to bubble/foam.
- Add flour, salt, minced garlic, olive oil, basil, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Knead on low speed for 5 minutes,until a smooth dough forms.
- Place bread dough in greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough, shape into a loaf and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow dough to rise until doubled again, about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Bake bread at 350 degrees after rising, until nicely browned and baked through.
- Slice and serve, after cooling for a few minutes… if you can wait lol!