The other day I thought I would make some Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies for “the boys” lunch boxes. It is a nice combination. AND it doesn’t hurt that PB cookies are Chris’ favourite and Oatmeal are mine lol!
Here are the ingredients used to make these cookies.
The first thing I did was add the peanut butter, butter/margarine, white sugar and brown sugar to the bowl of my stand mixer and creamed it together…. then added the eggs and vanilla, mixing until fully combined.
Next I added the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt and mixed until it was fully incorporated.
I scooped the cookie dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets….
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until they were starting to brown around the edges and were cooked through.
I let them cool for 5 minutes before removing to a plate and then on to lunch boxes!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together peanut butter, butter/margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla to bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and oatmeal and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop cookie batter onto prepared baking pans, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before moving to plate.