Sorry I missed yesterday…. I usually plan ahead better than that but our weekend was very busy, I was still recuperating and I had my out of town Dr’s appointment yesterday… so not a whole lot has been accomplished this week! I did manage to make this bread on Monday thought for lunches and thought I would share the recipe with everyone!
Banana bread is a HUGE favourite in this household… especially with Dillon. I swear he had some kind of banana bread radar lol! He could be anywhere in the house and once he catches a whiff of it baking he is sitting there waiting… offering to take one of the loaves (because we can’t just make one here lol) off my hands…. a WHOLE loaf lol!
Here are my ingredients. I find the more ripe the bananas, the better the bread tastes. The ones in the picture aren’t as ripe as I like them but I did have some others in the freezer that I also added to the bread.
This is an easy recipe. I started by mashing the bananas in the bowl of my stand mixer and then creamed it together with the sugar, vanilla, eggs and butter/margarine until well combined.
Next I added the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and 2 cups chocolate chips and mixing until it was just blended.
I divided the batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans and sprinkled the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until it was cooked through and a toothpick inserted came out clean.
I let it cool completely before slicing it up and adding it to lunch boxes!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 ripe bananas
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mash bananas.
- Add sugar, butter/ margarine, eggs and vanilla and cream until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and 2 cups of chocolate chips to bowl of stand mixer.
- Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between the 2 loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over batter in pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until fully cooked and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.