Yesterday was a rough day so I didn’t get much done, not even a post 😦
But…. today I post lol! With summer arriving today… Happy Summer…I thought I would post a summer salad recipe. I know potato salad doesn’t sound very exciting but with a different recipe you can change it up from the regular mayonnaise drenched potato salads. This salad is a nice refreshing take on potato salads!
Here is what I used to make this potato salad. (I did however put my basil in the picture instead of the dill!!! Oops!!!)
The first thing I did was to boil the little potatoes. Once they were cooked I ran them under some cold water in a strainer, drained them and then put them back in the pot with some chopped green onion.
In a small bowl I whisked together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, dill, chives, sugar, salt & pepper, until it was well blended.
I added this mixture to the pot with the potatoes and green onion…..
And mixed until all the potatoes were fully coated, making for a delicious take on potato salad!
- 2 bags baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and then boil potatoes until cooked through.
- Drain potatoes and run them under cold water to cool them down a bit.
- Add green onions to pot with potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chives, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar and salt & pepper until well combined.
- Add mixture to potatoes and onions in pot.
- Stir to fully coat all the potatoes.
- Chill until ready to eat!